So Caitlin is accepted as a Tx candidate, and there is relief in that. She doesn’t have a “number” yet; there are still a couple of minor tests to do which affect the number, and in any case, the number is really “just a number.” If lungs become available that are just right for you, and the circumstances are right, you get them. It’s all fate, chance, luck, divine intervention—whatever you want to call it.
The good news is she’s stable enough, at the moment, to wait at home in Boston, so she and I and Andrew, who’s been unbelievably caring and supportive, are heading out today. She will be discharged on IV meds and oxygen, and I rented a large, comfortable SUV for us. Commercial flying still feels a bit too risky (virus season/stress). This is so welcome, because when we left Boston on the medical jet last week, we had no idea what was ahead, and did worry that we would have to stay on in Pittsburgh indefinitely. We may end up waiting back here at some point, but for now, we are taking it one day at a time.
She actually feels okay and looks like normal Caitlin ! fyi
6 thoughts on “March 12: Home to Wait”
Wishing you safe and comfortable travels home… one day at a time-may each be better than the one before.
Give a gentle hug to Caitlin from me and Amber. We love you all. Be safe and let’s all think positively.
Tears of joy…
Tears if joy and wishes of patience:)
This is great news!! My love to all…